Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Journal Entry #9 - US Dept of State - Talk About Travels Across the Globe, Part One

JOURNAL ENTRY #9

Name: Manley M Collins
Social Security Number:  5 7 9 - * * - 6 5 4 1
Date of Birth:  06/21
Place of Birth:  Washington, District of Columbia
Country of Birth:  United States of America
Date: June 29, 2016

Department:  United States Department of State
Topics: Travels

The first Secretary of State I met was Madeline Albright (in person) at the United States Institute of Peace in Washington, DC.

The second Secretary of State I heard was Gen. Colin Powell (ret.) via webinar from the United States Institute of Peace in Washington, DC.

My first cruise trip was Nassau, Bahamas. It was my senior year of high school.  We did repeat the trip again for 10th year reunion even though it was two classmates, Shella P.  Thanks to Carnival for the first trip and Royal Caribbean for the second trip plus sex-capades.

My first international trip was London, England, United Kingdom.  I rode the tube from Heathrow to my hotel area.  I hung out with Victor N., a classmate from SCSU, and Martha H., a classmate from Keller. Madam Toussard's Wax Museum was beautiful. Hanging out in Leicester Square, Soho, and Buckingham Palace was nice. Riding the tube was good. British know when Americans come to town.  We look so out of place. Kelis's Milkshake was the hit one year later than USA.  British welcomed me with beers, hugs, and whatever else I could enjoy.  Pictures stolen by State of Illinois.  The dollar was half the value of a London pound.  I was close to broke.

My next international trip was Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, South America. I was so disappointed that purchase the ticket and flew on American Airlines, but I did not know a visa was required.  I did meet my Brazilian friend and told him what happened. I was disappointed so I stayed in Miami, Florida and had fun there with Adrian V., and surrounding towns.  Pictures stolen by State of Illinois.

A repeat of Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, South America. Time for Carnivale. It was nice riding the subway around town.  The town was covered with mixed Indian. Slavery similar to North America did exist, but somehow they erased it fast. The Brazilian taught me a little Portuguese, and taught me to ditch passport if I want to remain in any country and start over again. Identification is not as important for showing proof age or name, but carried mine around and passport was stolen.  Carnivale parties were fun, but I was disappointed that I paid for souvenir name car plate and the man ran off with my money.  I traveled on the river and saw the suburbs mall. It was a scary night bus ride with no lights on the road, but the driver somehow knew the bus stops.  I learned samba dancing. I got about 2,350 Brazilian music songs in my iTunes collection from my friend.  I did parasailing and took pictures of the tram conductor to the Christ the Redeemer atop Corcovado Mountain. Pictures stolen by State of Illinois. It was amazing that every year, entire families have to put all their resources for competing in a specific band and costume.  The dollar went very far because it was two and a half more than the Brazilian money.  It was funny that they were playing American music (OutKast, etc.) and had American restaurants in all their malls.  Thanks to the American Airlines crew for a fantastic and very satisfying time in the air, and between 5am to 6am scandalous sex-capade.

Another international vacation was Italy and Aruba. Firenze (Florence), Italy was beautiful. Duomo was nice. Italians were cool to talk to and discuss fashion.  We, my NYFA classmates, went to a club and party, and it was cool.  My NYFA classmate, Mauricio, got me hooked on doing expressos like an Italian.

Aruba - Thanks to the Marriott Vacation Club staff for making me happy as your theme states, "One Happy Island."  Whatever it took to make me happy was there.  It was very interesting that most of the families that were there was from Mid-Atlantic and Northeast.  The party bus had me as a drunk lush. I went horseback riding and four wheeling through the tourist attractions. I did not want to leave, but it was fun. I was close to purchasing that timeshare, but I was about to purchase the 3222 DC home.  Thanks to Air France for the opportunity to see Paris, France Charles de Gaulle International Airport. Flying Air France was a treat in itself - coach was treated like first class.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada - the airport was beautiful and big. I stayed in Brampton. I had no idea where this was in relation to the city.  It was a suburb with limited regional rail and bus service.  It was fun and meeting friends. So much was going on during my birthday week and weekend.  It was Caribbean festivals, auto show, and pride weekend.  So much activity, and it was nice to make some Toronto friends and hang out at their place.  I was trying to make the best of traveling Toronto public transit system to tour the city. I wanted to drive with my Benz from Buffalo, NY for trip number #2 and to Montreal through Vermont for trip number #3.

Pending international trips are Asia, Japan, China, and Australia.

Just like the EXiT and Error mentioned in the initial post June 22, 2016. I saw the email with EXiT and there is no agency for this process. I also saw Arlington National Cemetery email as well.  If I leave this process or go on suicide mission, South America taught me to leave country and ditch passport, and start all over with everything in a brand new country.  The Defense Department tried to do that with Kyrgyzstan and Middle East job offers.





Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home