Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Journal Entry #3 - US Dept of Education - Talk About Every School

JOURNAL ENTRY #3

Name: Manley M Collins
Social Security Number:  5 7 9 - * * - 6 5 4 1
Date of Birth:  06/21
Place of Birth:  Washington, District of Columbia
Country of Birth:  United States of America
Date: June 23, 2016

Department:  United States Department of Education
Topics: High School, Elementary School, and College

Cross Elementary School (partial report)

it was always fun to ride the bus to school. It the morning prep every day to ensure I caught the bus.  It was cartoons in the morning.  It was cereal, cream of wheat, or grits/eggs for breakfast. Riding the bus with high school students was crazy.  Elementary school students rode in the front.  High school students rode in the back.  When a fight broke out, Ms. Halls or Ms. Dot (Ravenell) did not play and reported to the parents, bus suspension was no joke.  The bus drivers and custodians were funny, especially Mr. Sam Pinckney, because we all knew each other and if the wrong child got on the wrong bus, they ask where they are going and tell which bus to get on.

I remember Ms. Cross and 'another' kindergarten/pre-school teacher, the naps, storytelling, it took forever to get to the cafeteria on the other side of the school, and lining up to go outside. I remember Ms. Haskell she gave me my first paddle spanking in first grade.  Her family own a store and another business next to the house.  Corporal punishment was still allowed in the 1980s. It was not too harmful because most teachers us it sparingly and did it in front of everybody for embarrassment. Ms. Wilson, my fourth grade teacher, was known for the ruler in the handle.  Ms. Mitchell, was our music teacher, she taught us how to play LL Cool J's introducing chord to 'I Need Love'.  Mr. Guice was the concert band teacher and he was the high school band director.  He was well respected, but the weed smoking got a little out of hand.  Mr. Guice taught me how to play my first instrument, which was the trombone (bought by child support father) and it burned up in the house along with my mom's flute that she played in the high school band.  So I had to switch to percussion learning the snare drums, then moving to bass drums.  Snare drums stuck for a while, but did not transition over well for high school marching band.  Ms. Kirby was a good teacher. Ms. Brenner was my sixth grade teacher and I always enjoying chatting with her during my visits back to the school. Yes, it was always a surprise to visit the school, but Ms. Gillens, the former principal did not seem to mind.  Through the grades began my sales man days, I sold the McDonald's $1.00 chocolate bars. I sold Olympia Sales Club cards and stationery to get prizes. I raised money for St. Jude Children's Hospital.  I did Pizza Hut's Book It program for free personal pan pizzas.  Raised money to become Mister 5th Grade and participate in Cross homecoming parade.  I participated in selling candy.  In selling candy, I was the only guy and my competition was Shella and Shonda.  I bought my candy from the local stores called Nancy's, Thornhill, and/or Turner's. At sixth grade, I upgraded to sodas, chips, and candy.  For money, can crushing was big for recycling, and the original Coke bottles was big for redemption.  Plastics and water for sale was not available.  We lived near Lake Marion and Lake Moultrie.  It was fun.  Every time my mother dressed me up in a suit, they kept calling me preacher.  My mother's favorite store for us was Allied's Department Store, Family Dollar, Sears, JcPenney's, Barron's, Salvation Army, or Goodwill.  My brothers and I got along at school, but hardly knew we were there due to different grades.  I participated in cub scouts and boy scouts of America, and remember making the wood cars to participate in the Santee Cooper competition in Moncks Corner.

Cross High School (partial report)

The candy selling transferred over to Cross High, but stopped because it was not allowed and after the DeVrey fight for stealing something mines in Rev. Prioleau history class.  Ms. Bradley was a superb English teacher, and one of the teachers I grew very close to through the church and school.  Mr. Watson was so funny in English class with his fast talking.  Ms. Touchberry had a large birthday mark on her face and she was a good teacher, but reported me to the new 'white' principal for sending back individual 'Thank You and Appreciation gifts' back to the school.  Mr. Stanley was my favorite math/algebra teacher and math/algebra became my favorite subject through all my schooling.  High School was an adjustment.  Everyone was taller and bigger. Band transferred over Mr. Guice and Mr. Gardner were back and forth as band directors.  I did elevate from percussion to drum major along with Kia F, when no one else want the job. Who remembers the Trojan lean? Band! What! I remember the Spence days. I started on the track team and everyone knew I was fast. Cross had a dirt track.  My dream was to give back Cross High a real track, but it seems that dream came true after paying 20 years of real estate taxes. Seventh and Eighth grade I could not run, but Mr. Davidson did allow me to keep the score books for Cross and make the announcements.  It was fun and met plenty of people from Goose Creek, Stratford, Berkeley, and State Regionals.  In my classmates, I was the fastest one until Karashi Husser and Thomas Munlyn.  They were taller and slightly faster.  The 200m was my event though, I ran that curve like no other.  I was happy to be captain of track.  Mr. Harrison was a good teacher.  Mr. Nedd was the track and basketball coach.  Mr. Nedd did train me for basketball, but I made the decision it was initially too complicated and did not have the time for it with football, track, and marching band. While in self-reflection, I know all about basketball.  Mother and grandmother Sibbie played basketball.  Mr. Mims was the football and baseball coach. Since I was fast, I ran the running positions and just love catching the ball or pseudo quarterback to throw the ball, but hated being knocked around on the field while jumping in the air for the ball.  I enjoyed being corner or safety knocking balls down or tackling when the ball passes the linebackers. Cornelius was my competition on cornerback.  I envy Keon the most because of his sportsmanship and love for the game.  Most of the guys did not like undressing around me or showered because they thought I was gay or queer.  My athletic career almost ended when Jaworski landed or almost twisted my foot.  I did like becoming apart of the school's first baseball team, but it did not last long because I did not have time for it. Beckham was one h*ll of a pitcher though.  School was important to me as long as I made A's and B's, and become well rounded....my competitions for those good grades was Chante (valedictorian), Tiffany, and Tirrell (salutorian).  Ms. Clemons was the business and keyboarding teacher. Again, my competition was Tiffany, she could type her A** off.  I am still at 40 wpm.  I did practice through my mom's keyboarding school and her Brother word processor.  Ms. James was the biology teacher and we were dissecting dead frogs and stuff.  Yes, school skating trips and marching bands trips were hot because everyone was at puberty and they were pussy popping/fingering pussy like crazy under the jackets.  Yes, I felt the hard dicks rub across my gluteus maximus after the deed was done or saw them busting through jeans. Saw the girls nipples all hard or smelling of their juices.  I was jealous because I was a nerd or shy, and just did not know how to be cool. My classmate competition on the coolest was Josiah, Keon, Antwan, Eric W., and Bryant. Eric F. was my best friend Sophomore and Junior years, but I do not what changed after Voorhees JTPA College Connection program. I participated also in the Jeddah Temple Youth Group, which combined ROTC with synchronized/performance stepping.  I participated in Cross High ROTC program and earned a $100 scholarship treasury bond from Lt Col Rice and <I forgot the tall guy>.  Holly was my best female friend and first cousin because we gabbing like girls. It was great to give back to the community through Berkeley KIDS and United We Stand after school program, which was held back at Cross Elementary (Shonda was the main driver to take all of us home).  The only participants I remember was Shonda, Chante, and me.  I remember that $10.00 check per week.  I attended Trident Technical College Upward Bound program my Senior year and was happy for that $30.00 check every month. The Upward Bound program contained members from Macedonia, Cross, CE Murray, Cainhoy, St. Stephen, and Berkeley.  Yes, Class of 1994, I am still your class president send Don somewhere else. Rodelia is secretary. Rondell is vice president.  I made my first 10-year collage for the future.

-------------------------------------
JOURNAL ENTRY #3

Name: Manley M Collins
Social Security Number:  5 7 9 - * * - 6 5 4 1
Date of Birth:  06/21
Place of Birth:  Washington, District of Columbia
Country of Birth:  United States of America
Date: June 23, 2016

Associates Degree Report

Trident Technical College was/is a two year school providing associate degrees, but really did not see myself here.

Bachelor Degree Report
ACT Score is 21 out of 30 at the time.
SAT Score is 900s out of 1600 at the time.
ASVAB don't remember the score, but I did pass.

New York University did started approaching me around sophomore year with beautiful brochures, but I did not know New York yet or how to manage the school because it looked so big.  After self-reflection, I see why New York wanted me there (Mayor or something).

Johnson and Wales University - Providence, Rhode Island - I was happy for the $1500 scholarship, but did not know Rhode Island and wondered with all the other locations/commercials. I did take photos finally when I made it to Connecticut.

Clark Atlanta University - Atlanta, Georgia - I was awed when I applied and got accepted, but there was no money.  I had an idea to come to Atlanta because it was a buzzing city at the time.

Howard University - Washington, DC - I was happy when I applied and got accepted, but there was no money.  After I came for my USDA internship, I was upset when the one of the students stated that Howard give you the money after you get in.

South Carolina State University - Orangeburg, SC - I stayed close to home and on campus only convinced by the guidance counselor, principal, vice principal, and mother. Yes, STATE had the reputation of "party school" and after attending, it did live up to that standard of "party school". I did receive the USDA/1890 4-Year Academic scholarship with Mr. James Williams at the helm. I would never trade this experience for anything in the world. I do thank and appreciate the quality education given while attending this University.  This is another, true sense of family or community I will never forget.

Florida Southern College - Lakeland, FL - I was impressed and felt so special when the students from the school kept calling the house.  Unfortunately, I applied and got accepted, but no money and did not know Florida.

Reading Literature: The Wall Street Journal and Harvard Business Review

Masters Degree Report

It was MBA time to get the degree after moving to Atlanta.
Average GRE score.
Low GMAT score (stayed in the 300s (3x) out of 800 at the time even with Kaplan tutoring service)

Schools Applied and Rejected
Stanford University  (Three times)
University of Chicago (Booth)  (Two times)
University of Pennsylvania (Wharton)  (Three times and interview two separate times)
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Sloan)  (Two times)
Dartmouth College (Tuck)  (One time)
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor (Ross) (One time)
Columbia University  (Two times)
New York University (Stern)  (Three times)
University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign  (One time)
University of California Los Angeles (Anderson)  (One time)
University of Southern California (Marshall) (Three times - interview once in DC at MBA Forum)
Emory University (Goizueta) (Two times)
University of California (Davis) (Two times)

School Accepted
Keller Graduate School of Management of DeVry University
First, I got accepted to the masters of science program, then went for the MBA.


Doctoral Degree Report

I was not thinking of a doctoral degree until I read the government requirements on federal schedule and just said why not.

Schools Applied
University of Phoenix
Tried to do or understand The PhD Project

Schools with Application and Attempt to Transfer
Harvard University Graduate School for the Ph.D/JD joint program (only held discussions and could not transfer)


For University of Phoenix,
1. I have sped read the textbooks and classes.
2. I am resending the textbooks, dissertation proposal, and research articles through by listening word for word from preface to appendix.
3. I started doing the exercises from the textbooks.
4. I bringing a network of PhDs and JDs from the university and other traditional schools/organizations. Right now, numbers are under 1,000 per network (LinkedIn, FaceBook, and Google+). Maximum is 5,000 per network hand selected from all forms of life.
5. I hope to restart again for getting committee approval for QRM.

Military School
United States Air Force Reserve Officer School (Prepared the application and paperwork, but I did not want Alabama)

----------------------------------------
JOURNAL ENTRY #3

Name: Manley M Collins
Social Security Number:  5 7 9 - * * - 6 5 4 1
Date of Birth:  06/21
Place of Birth:  Washington, District of Columbia
Country of Birth:  United States of America
Date: June 23, 2016

FAFSA SAR Report (All schools I am living on campus)

Devry University (Keller Graduate School of Management)
Harvard Law School
Yale University
George Washington University Law School
Georgetown University Law Center
Vermont Law School
Thomas Jefferson School of Law
Albany Law School of Union University
Seattle University
University of Phoenix



Pending Law Schools for J.D. and LLM (Active LSAC Application Ready) (Yes, LSAT score will be low, two times)

Albany Law School of Union University
University of California, Berkeley, School of Law
Boston College Law School
California Western School of Law
University of California, Irvine School of Law
University of California, Davis School of Law (King Hall)
Harvard Law School
University of California Hastings College of the Law
Loyola Law School, Loyola Marymount University
New England Law - Boston
University of New Hampshire School of Law
New York University School of Law
Pepperdine University School of Law
University of San Francisco School of Law
Santa Clara University School of Law
Seattle University School of Law
University of Southern California, Gould School of Law
Southwestern Law School
Stanford University Law School
Thomas Jefferson School of Law
Vermont Law School
Western State College of Law at Argosy University
Western New England University School of Law
Whittier Law School
Yale Law School
University of Toronto Faculty of Law
Osgoode Hall Law School, York University

-------------------------------------
JOURNAL ENTRY #3

Name: Manley M Collins
Social Security Number:  5 7 9 - * * - 6 5 4 1
Date of Birth:  06/21
Place of Birth:  Washington, District of Columbia
Country of Birth:  United States of America
Date: June 23, 2016

Active Campuses to help through MY hard times:
Emory University Athletic Field
Georgetown University Athletic facilities
Catholic University of America athletic field
Howard University student center and athletic field
George Mason University Athletic facilities
Prince Georges County Sports and Learning Complex
Roosevelt High School - Washington, DC
Thornridge High School - Chicago, IL  (present location)
University of Chicago Athletic facilities (present location)
New Balance Indoor Track - New York, NY
Carl Icahn Stadium - New York, NY
Keller Graduate School and Devry University (All ground campuses)
University of Phoenix (All ground campuses)

Alternative locations when not at a campus through MY hard times:
All neighborhood Starbucks (strawberry banana smoothie with four (4) scoops of protein) and Federal Express Office/Kinkos
Berkeley County Public Library
New York Public Library
Library of Congress
DC Public Library
Chicago Public Library
Connecticut Public Library





























































Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home