Thursday, October 01, 2026

Journal Entry #88 - New Routines for Zumba. Condo shopping. Updated my business websites and offering new Group Fitness virtual classes.

JOURNAL ENTRY #88

Name: Manley M Collins

Social Security Number: 5 7 9 – * * – 6 5 4 1

Date of Birth: 06/21

Place of Birth: Washington, District of Columbia

Country of Birth: United States of America

Date: October 1, 2026


TOPIC: New Routines for Zumba.  Condo shopping. Updated my business websites and offering new Group Fitness virtual classes.


First time achieving total peace, emotionally and mentally stable, let go of toxic work environment, and still doing self-care in a variety of ways.


I was able to have my own watch party of my South Carolina State University Bulldogs (31) playing football against Bethune-Cookman University (21) wildcats on HBCUGo.  Thanks to Mr. Byron Allen.  The last watch party at District Alley on U St NW, I accidentally stepped on a coffeetable and broke it when SCSUNAA DC Chapter was trying to take a group photo.  I did let the owner know and apologized.


Capitol Park Plaza and Twins surprised the heck out of me when the air conditioning system was condensing and sending water under the floor boards. The old floor starting buckling.  Then, I got a new grey plank flooring. I tried to watch the contractor's work on my home camera while I was working in the gym.  I had to move most of my furniture to balcony and anything on the old floor into the bathtub or the closet shelf.  It was four latino guys coming as contractors and they finished the floor in less than four hours, and they moved the gas stove and refrigerator too.  I had to take pictures.  I feel privileged in joining the Bilt community in rental payments, getting points, and credit monitoring.  I had to cancel Esusu, which worked and then not worked.


Thanks to the internet I had to get rid of gnats and houseflies with home remedies.  The home remedies worked.


I went condo shopping due to the financial elements were right to do so.  I learned more about the real estate market than I wanted to.  It is night and day when you see a brand new condo versus the aged 30 year to short sell condos.  I know and seen people get homes and do anything with them, but if you plan to profit from a property, then you should take care of the property and upgrade the appliances which is the simplest task. Is this a moment of I should not care, but pay market price $250K to $350K for a smaller space 400 square feet with no upgrades?  I did make an offer for a $97K "as-is" unit, but the place had 8 offers.  DC DHCD did finally respond to my email to provide more information on how to make a proper offer for the IZ ADU properties.  I did get pre-approved for $250K.  I did supply my information for income certification to a Latino Economic Development Corporation for a property I was selected by DHCD lottery system.  Zillow did specify that the property is not lender certified so we will see through the process.


Finally, with stable housing, I can practice and learn new routines for Zumba and Group Fitness.  Wix and Vistaprint continuously are upgrading and integrating new features that I appreciate. Inflation is out of its mind. Technology definitely lost its mind that if I pay for standalone software, which is $100-$300 plus a little more labor versus a subscription and optional features range from $450 per year to $1500 per year to get everything the standalone can do. With the subscription, you are subject a mandatory internet connection.


I attended Alpha Phi Alpha CBC Reception at the Westin in downtown DC.  I did community service with my fraternity brothers at the Tanner Community Recreation Center in Oxon Hill, Maryland.  With Alpha toastmasters, I was able to share my speech, "The Boss is Vulnerable."  I liked the constructive criticism and evaluator feedback.


I am still vehicle shopping too.  I only can see a brand new Toyota Prius or Lexus NX for the best bang for my buck.  Used car prices are equaling the same as a brand new car.  I guess the deals of getting a used corporate vehicle is out of the game.


The temporary government employee position with the United States Department of Commerce Census Bureau ended last month.  It was my first time ever had to literally block a direct supervisor from calling and texting me.  Thanks AT&T and Apple for one block of contact in the phonebook literally blocks all the numbers from that person.


I attended my first AI conference held by DC Government.  It was good to hear the thoughts about how AI is used in the workplace, government, commercial industry, and non-profits.  I did eat well that day. DC Government fed us breakfast and lunch at the Washington Convention Center.  It was not many AI toys, but mental health and disability providers did have the Apple or Meta virtual headsets and Meta glasses.  Some people dislike cameras, but technology is promoting to place them everywhere.  I loved that LG came out with wallpaper TV.


I finally had to update my wardrobe and sneakers.  Yes, I wear clothing until holes are in them.  At this time, I am comfortable now being able to toss a used item into the trash deliberately without life forcing me to lose it.  I went the Marshalls and Nike Store clearance racks to get something decent, such as a belt, underwear, jeans, shoes, activewear, shorts, and sweatshirt.  It felt good to finally purchase things without too much worry on how to keep it.


Hulu increased its price and T-Mobile stated I was covered.  I spent time with my Meetup group by playing volleyball at the volleyball courts in Crystal City (Arlington), and a nice picnic at Founder's Park (Alexandria).  I attended USATF PVA annual meeting.  I attended a homegoing memorial service for a USATF PVTC member and I did just saw him in person months ago at a track meet.  Unfortunately, folks stated he was sick with cancer for a third time, and the pastor alluded to him (or someone) not seeing a doctor.  The USATF PVTC member did have a good crowd plus he was US Air Force veteran.


I had to fight GoTickets, which is a reseller of tickets.  They sold tickets 250% over the actual price of the ticket.  I did get my refund after complaining to PayPal and BBB over the transaction.


I attended two Shuffle dating events. I did not get any matching or friends out of the meeting. eHarmony gave me three possibles and the conversations are still going.


Grubhub tried to give a violation for following their rules and making it difficult to reach them/customer support when stuck in a situation.  Grubhub no longer reissues order missing from the restaurant when a delivery driver selects - "Order missing"  Also, restaurants stated they do not issue receipts but Grubhub says it is a violation when the delivery driver does not have one or takes a picture of the bag receipt.


I saw StepAfrika at the Arena Stage for the first time. It was a very moving show.  The seating was great and acoustics was outstanding.


I attended the SCSUNAA National Convention in Norfolk, Virginia.  I attended my Prioleau and Spann family reunion in Pineville, South Carolina.


I am now partially cooking and partially eating out. I think with maturity and wisdom eating less is a part of growing older.  I did purchase an Alpha Phi Alpha and military dog tags.  I also had to get a new Alpha Phi Alpha bracelet.


I updated my music playlists on Spotify and YouTube Music.  Someone complied a 90's playlist with the Miami sound and I had a flood of memories about what I was doing in South Carolina, District of Columbia, and Georgia.  Thanks NPR Tiny Desk for the various artists.


I was appointed the SCSUNAA Greater Orangeburg Alumni Chapter (GOAC) Scholarship committee chair.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home