Saturday, August 27, 2022

Journal Entry #63 - The Unknown Charge - State of Ohio

 

JOURNAL ENTRY #63 – The Unknown Charge – State of Ohio

 

Name: Manley M Collins

 

Social Security Number: 5 7 9 – * * – 6 5 4 1

 

Date of Birth: 06/21

 

Place of Birth: Washington, District of Columbia

 

Country of Birth: United States of America

 

Date:  July 12, 2006 (Note Previous Experiences will be posted, this is posting of significance covering a time period from 2006 to 2019).

 

State of Ohio status is pending because I was told and received paperwork regarding the fine and suspension my Washington, DC license.  I paid the fine and restored my driver’s license, but was never told about the misdemeanor.

During 2005-2006, I was traveling from Chicago (my current residency) to Washington, DC.  It was a regular trip for me using my Ford Expedition and traveling Interstate 90.

A white male officer pulled me, wrote me a ticket, and told me how to resolve it.  I never got a Chicago license at the time because I was in the process of purchasing a house in Atlanta or Washington, DC.  All my mail (except 1100 North LaSalle Dr, Apt 701, Chicago, Illinois) was directed to 307 Rock Creek Church Rd NW, Washington, DC.

I traveled internationally and domestically with no issues.  I gained employment with no issues and nothing on my background checks.  When I joined Uber in 2016, the annual background checks were normal until in 2019, a different background check was done to county search, then I found out State of Ohio did a Speeding misdemeanor.  Click here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a8AtcUpFvriennfZ5NKL1WZOlM_EyUkx/view?usp=sharing for proof of incident.

After State of New York, we will see how to resolve State of Ohio.  I do not talk about my future so no guarantees.

I am in discussion with Ohio State Bar Association for an attorney.  Spoke with an Fulton, Ohio based attorney on Friday, September 30, 2022 at 12:00 PM EST/11:00 CST.  He stated case has been dispensed for sixteen years and will remain on record, but should fall off my auto insurance after a number of years.  No jail time.  It is classified as a minor misdemeanor, which is only resolved by fines.  He confirmed I paid the fine.  Thanks for speaking with me Ohio State Bar attorney.



Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home