Sunday, September 11, 2016

Journal Entry #16 - Celebration and Liberation, Return to the Mic

JOURNAL ENTRY #16

Name: Manley M Collins
Social Security Number:  5 7 9 - * * - 6 5 4 1
Date of Birth:  06/21
Place of Birth:  Washington, District of Columbia
Country of Birth:  United States of America
Date: September 11, 2016

TOPIC: Celebration and Liberation, Return to the Mic

On today, September 11, 2016, it was very eventful with the following:

I attended LaSalle Street Church near my apartment.  I always passed by the church heading to Moody or the library.  It was nice to meet a new church family, friends, and peers.  It was a long time having a microphone and sharing where I was during September 11th.  Later after service, I attended the Church potluck with plenty of variety in foods from vegetarian to meat lover's Domino's pizza.  It was a pleasure talking with some of the members.  I am trying to work the churches to talk to people on getting my lost stuff back.

Later in the evening, I enjoyed the final Summer Dance event with Bhangara (Bollywood) dance.  Asian Indians music and dance is very similar to other cultures in dancing, but their language and their steps/body movements.  They had a mashup of house, go-go, indian routines, and long time - panjabi - knight rider themed song.  I surely miss my DC go-go music in my lost stuff. I jumped around and doing the Indian routines for 3 hours, my darn toes hurt...LOL!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home